Sunday, August 29, 2010

How small can we be?

Whenever I hear people talk about becoming better Christians to win souls to Jesus it is a noble and grandeur thing. What greater reward will be given and what better difference can one make in another life. There is something else to consider also.
We sometimes must consider that in the entire world there are millions of people and that we could spend our lives witnessing to countless people. In the next ten years if a person told just ten people each day about Jesus.In ten years you will have witnessed to 36500 people. That is incredible, it equals every person in the city I live in. If that is the calling God has put on our lives...............
I am beginning to think that my calling is much smaller than that.What if my walk with God only leads me to a handful of people. There is nothing shameful with bringing just one soul to the Lord. I want to be small enough that God can use me for whatever purpose that He chooses. I don't want to become prideful and think more of myself than I should. Even saving just a couple of people is not to my credit. It is never to our credit to be responsible for doing God's work. We are simple messengers or servants to deliver what God wants us to.

No comments:

Post a Comment